Permit Applications

Serving Wisconsin and N. Illinois

Home Helpful Info Permit Applications

There are many different permit applications necessary depending on the management strategy.  The links below are mainly for our Wisconsin pond customers.

DATCP Fish Farm Registration Application – Link to DATCP website where you can print and submit an application along with instructions to obtain a Livestock premises code.  Being registered as a fish farm allows you (and others) to:

1. Fish in the pond(s) without a license
2. Stock fish without a DNR permit
3. Fish in the pond(s) without having to observe season, size or bag limits

Please note that a WDNR permit and WPDES coverage is required for aquatic herbicide/algaecide use if a pond isn’t completely contained on the property.  The fee is $37.50 annually and must be renewed each year.  Applicants MUST also fill out and submit the Livestock Premises Application below.

WDNR Fish Stocking Application – Link to the WDNR Fish Stocking page with their Fish Stocking Permit Application and a Pond Stocking General Permit for private ponds.

WDNR Aquatic Plant Control Application and Permit/WPDES Pesticide Pollutant Permit Application – In the state of Wisconsin, all water must be permitted before treatment may begin.  If the water to be treated leaves the property, individual WPDES coverage must also be obtained (unless owner is working with an applicator that has statewide WPDES coverage).  Cost of the permit is $20 and needs to be renewed annually.  Public lakes and ponds with multiple owners need to add $25/acre to general permit fee.  ONLINE PERMIT HERE (requires WHAMS ID).

WDNR Large-Scale Aquatic Plant Treatment Worksheet – Two page pdf document that must accompany the WDNR Aquatic Plant Control Application and Permit if waterbody is public and treatment will exceed 10 acres in size.  There is no charge for this additional worksheet.

WDNR Herbicide Treatment Record – Two page pdf document that must be submitted to WDNR no later than 30 days after each lake/pond treatment.

WDNR Mechanical/Manual Aquatic Plant Control Permit – Four page pdf document allowing mechanical or manual removal of plants in a public water body beyond the 30 feet allowed under s. NR 109.06 (2a).  There is a $30 permit fee for a single riparian owner.

Wisconsin Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permits – Also called WPDES permits, this is the link to the WDNR who now issues this coverage for treatments on Wisconsin waterbodies.  It goes through how to apply.  Basically, WPDES coverage is needed if the water cannot be contained on the property.  Lake and Pond Solutions, LLC has secured statewide WPDES coverage for its customers, eliminating the need for individual coverage.