Lake and Pond Solutions Employment Opportunities
About Us: Lake and Pond Solutions, LLC is the largest privately owned pond management company in Wisconsin with offices in Greenville and Elkhorn. Our company started in 2001 with a simple goal: Utilize high quality pond products and superior service to provide exceptional and environmentally sound lake and pond management. That is still the goal today and we are looking to add qualified individuals to our growing team.
Career Description: Daily management activities include herbicide / algaecide applications, installation of fountain and aeration equipment, beneficial microbe additions, nutrient remediation, water sampling, basin assessments, aquatic plant identification and data collection, and interpretation of data. As you advance, you’ll have the opportunity to analyze customer budgets and needs while developing individual management plans. This full-time position includes a probationary training period with performance evaluations. Selected candidates will receive on-the-job instruction as well as opportunities for continuing education through industry conferences and supplier sponsored training. This job requires long field hours in April – September but offers reduced hours and great flexibility with time off, especially in the fall and winter. There is generally no weekend work and time off around major holidays including the entire week of Thanksgiving and Christmas to New Years Day.
Location: Elkhorn, Wisconsin
A Qualified Applicant Must…
- Have completed coursework (Bachelor of Science minimum) pertaining to limnology, fisheries biology, watershed management, water chemistry or a related field of study.
- Be able to lift 60 pounds repetitively.
- Have a good driving record and reliable means of transportation.
- Ability to drive truck and trailer (no CDL needed).
- Be proficient with basic hand-tools.
- Be proficient with standard Microsoft Office applications.
- Pass our State Pesticide Aquatic Applicators Exam within 30 days of employment (LPS to provide material).
- Have completed or can complete boater’s safety and ATV safety if born after January 1, 1989.
- Be well-organized, self-motivated, and able to work well not only in a team setting but also without supervision or constant direction.
- Have ability to work extended hours in all types of weather conditions.
Boat handling, small motor repair, and GIS mapping skills are noteworthy.
Compensation: The right candidate can expect to grow with Lake and Pond Solutions LLC as part of a long-term career. Compensation includes:
- Entry level salary with annual raises based on individual performance.
- Candidates with previous lake and pond management experience are encouraged to apply and salary is negotiable based on relevant experience and skills.
- A health reimbursement account which allows you to determine your own health care provider.
- 401K with industry leading 5% company match.
- Annual profit sharing.
- Annual bonuses based on company performance.
- Generous holiday and flexible vacation time.
- Company sponsored trips.
- Gear stipend.
Send cover letter and resumes to email@example.com
2024 Aquatic Management Summer Internship
Job Description: Assist established aquatic management company in daily activities including herbicide/algaecide application, beneficial microbe additions, water chemistry, aquatic plant identification and data collection, and installation of pond management equipment.
A qualified applicant will gain useful natural resource career experience in the areas of:
- Algae and aquatic plant identification and growth characteristics
- Water chemistry of lake and pond systems
- DNR permitting and collaborative work
- Aquatic management techniques including aeration, beneficial microbes, herbicides, dyes, liners, fountains, etc.
- Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) and nuisance species identification and control
- GPS, sonar mapping, Google Earth and their use in lake and pond management planning
- Boat, small engine, and specialty tool handling, maintenance, and repair
- Customer relations and customer-focused service work
Ideal applicants should be self-motivated and able to work as a team as well as without supervision or constant direction. Boat handling and towing skills are a plus. A valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and boater’s safety is required. You’ll also need to pass the Wisconsin Pesticide Applicator Training (PAT) test in Aquatics (paid for by the Company). This position requires longer hours M-F with weekends and holidays off.
SALARY: This position pays $7,500 for the summer season and begins immediately following the spring semester with an end date on or about August 3oth. There is the potential for repeat internships in subsequent summers and full-time employment upon graduation.
This position is in high demand, early interviews are strongly recommended.
Positions are available for Elkhorn and Greenville, Wisconsin. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your location preference.
Follow us on Facebook
NORTHERN WI OFFICE
N1025 Julius Dr.
Greenville, WI 54942
866-525-3648 (toll free)
SOUTHERN WI OFFICE
W4950 County Highway A
Elkhorn, WI 53121
866-525-3489 (toll free)