2019 AQUATIC MANAGEMENT SUMMER POSITION
Job Description: Assist established aquatic management company in daily activities including: water chemistry, aquatic plant identification and data collection, interpretation of data, herbicide / algaecide application, installation of pond management equipment and development of lake and aquatic plant management plans.
A qualified applicant will gain useful natural resource career experience in the areas of:
- Algae and aquatic plant identification and growth characteristics
- Water chemistry of lake and pond systems
- DNR permitting and collaborative work
- Aquatic management techniques including aeration, beneficial microbes, herbicides, dyes, liners, fountains, etc.
- Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) and nuisance species identification and control
- GPS and GIS systems and their use in lake and pond management planning
- Boat, small engine, and specialty tool handling, maintenance and repair
- Customer relations and customer-focused service work
Ideal applicants should be self-motivated and able to work as a team as well as without supervision or constant direction. Boat handling skills are a plus. A valid driver’s license and DNR boater’s safety is required where applicable. This position requires fulltime weekdays with weekends and holidays off.
SALARY: This is a PAID position for the summer season and begins immediately following the spring semester with an end date on or about August 31st. There is the potential for full-time employment upon graduation.
This position is in high demand, early interviews are strongly recommended.
Positions are available for each location. Send resume and / or cover letter to:
Follow us on Facebook
NORTHERN WI OFFICE
N1025 Julius Dr.
Greenville, WI 54942
866-525-3648 (toll free)
SOUTHERN WI OFFICE
W4950 County Highway A
Elkhorn, WI 53121
866-525-3489 (toll free)